This is a notice with respect to the handling of your personal data
Information you my find useful:
- UK Data Protection License - our license can be found online via the ICO register using reference -
- Regulation - Data protection laws across the EU change with the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on 25 May 2018.
- Data Processing Officer (DPO) - our DPO can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing:
FAO - Data Processing Officer
Iuvo Automotive Group
3 Mons Drive, Norton
Why do we collect your personal data?
Iuvo Automotive Group T/A Inovo Lease are a credit broker within the contract hire finance sector. We will request data from both our personal and business customers in order to arrange the finance and supply of their chosen vehicle.
Why should you trust Inovo Lease with your personal data?
- We are licensed by the Information Commissioners Office in the UK and we are bound by the data protection laws and regulations
- We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, and follow their strict regulations with regards to selling financial products
- Our staff are given comprehensive training specific to the handling of your data.
- We invest in the latest software and security systems available, helping keep your data safe.
What personal data do we collect?
We collect all relevant data in order to respond to your enquiry accurately and ultimately in order to process your order. This may include but is not limited to:
- Enquiry Information and Contact Details
- Finance Application Information - Contact Details, Employment History, Income & Expenditure Data and Bank Details.
What is the legal basis for collecting your data ?
In order to provide information that is relevant to your requirements our team follows a pre-determined ‘Know Your Customer’ process. As part of this process we will require certain personal date from you.
If you wish to apply for vehicle finance we will need to provide the finance company with your personal data in order to obtain a credit decision. We will also be required to share certain information with our suppliers in for them to deliver the vehicle to the correct address.
Is your data shared with third parties?
Yes - as a credit broker we work with a number of finance companies and suppliers in order to process your application. We only share the relevant data that each company requires. For example, the supplier of your vehicle will only receive the information needed to delivery the car to you, such as your name, address and contact details.
We will always notify you of who we will be sending your information to before doing so.
How is the data processed?
The data will be used for the purposes of confirming identity, validating affordability and assessing credit. We will also use some of this information to secure the vehicle with the supplying dealer and also to book delivery. Our marketing data will be used to provide updates, offers and important information based on the preferences provided.
How long will your data be held for?
If the data we collect is linked to financial services, we must ensure we keep the data relating to the agreement for a certain amount of time to allow us to accurately respond to any issues that may arise during the contract, and then for a number of years after the contract has ended.
For those customers who have not entered into a full finance agreement via our company but have either made an enquiry or have subscribed to our mailing list, these customers have the 'right to be forgotten' or to unsubscribe from our marketing at any time. All of our email marketing will have the option to permanently unsubscribe and you can contact us about the 'right to be forgotten' via our contact page.
How is the data stored?
All of our agreement and customer data is stored on encrypted services based in the UK.
By using our services and accepting our terms you are consenting to us that:
- We will hold all relevant personal and company data on our internal systems.
- If your personal date has changed, please notify us so that we can update our systems accordingly.
- We can share your data with all partners involved with your enquiry/application/order. We will only share information that is needed in order for our partner to complete their specific role within the process e.g. The supplier of your vehicle will only receive information that is needed for delivery, such as your name, delivery address, and contact details.
- We may use your personal data to contact you with regards to service related matters, however we will not share your data with any third party for marketing purposes.
- If you specifically choose to opt-into our regular email marketing, your contact information will be held with our email marketing partner. You will have the opportunity to unsubscribe at any time.
- We may also use your personal data in an analytical way to improve our customer experience, website journey and/or the services that we offer.
- We will use web browser cookies when you visit our website (see more detail below).
- We may use a customer review partner who will contact you on our behalf to seek feedback on our services.
- When speaking with us on the telephone our lines will record calls for training and monitoring purposes. We will not retain this information for longer than necessary.
We will treat your personal information as confidential and have a number of internal policies to make this central to our company culture. We should also make you aware of the circumstances where we would be obliged to disclose your information. These circumstances include requests from fraud prevention agencies, law agencies, regulatory bodies or government bodies.
How can you get a copy of some or all of the information that we hold about you?
Under the data protection act law you have the right to get a copy of the personal information that is held by a company about you. This is known as a 'subject access request'. You can request a subject access request from us at any time by sending an email to email@example.com. Under the current regulation this request is free of charge however there may be administrative charges for subsequent requests. We will aim to provide this information within one month of the date of receipt. If the request is complex we may need to extend that time frame by up to two months in order to gather all of the relevant information.
As a business we are committed to keeping our systems, policies and procedures up-to-date in order to protect your information. All information that you enter into our website via the internet is transferred with encryption via a secure certificate or https connection.
All of our staff members are given comprehensive training specific to the handling of your data.
Users have a selection of web browsers to choose from, most of these have auto settings that accept cookies. Whilst you can tailor your browser settings so that it will not allow cookies you may find that it impacts the functionality of this website and other websites that you might use.
What information do we monitor & store?
The main types of personal data that we record and store include the following :-
- Phone calls - incoming & outbound
- Email communications
- Important electronic documentation such as contracts and agreements
- General customer information held within our CRM database
- History of each order
Your personal data will be held in accordance with our records retention policy. We will need to hold some of your data whilst you are in a contract arranged by ourselves and then for a reasonable period after the contact has ended. Some of your data may be held in the form of a phone conversation and we will use these recordings for training and monitoring purposes. When we have finished using this data we will delete it from our storage.